Frequently Asked Questions
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash Extensions are lightweight, synthetic eyelashes that come in a wide variety of lengths, thicknesses, curl styles, colours and materials eg silk, polyester, faux mink and 100% Siberian mink fur – they are expertly bonded individually on a ‘lash by lash’ basis to your own natural lashes giving you longer, thicker, more luscious looking lashes. Eyelash extensions are perfect for special occasions, everyday wear or for people want to forget about mascara they are so soft and flexible you won’t even know you are wearing them
Are eyelash extensions safe?
Yes, Lash Holic eyelash extensions products are completely safe and will not damage your natural lashes when applied using the correct technique. As with any beauty treatment we recommend that you use a professional trained and certified eyelash extension technician as application by an uncertified technician, or use of inferior quality products, may result in damage to your natural lashes.
What do eyelash extensions look like when applied?
Properly applied Eyelash Extensions will look and feel completely natural – they will be longer, more curly and definitely more full and luxurious than average natural lashes – in fact, they look so real that most people will think you were born with beautiful lashes.there are many designs and style to suit you personally, to give you your own unique look, whether it be natural or dramatic
What does it feel like and how long does it take to apply eyelash extensions?
The entire procedure is very relaxing, taking between 1 – 2.5 hours to apply a complete set of Eyelash Extensions depending on the design. During this time you will be lying on a comfortable beauty bed with your eyes closed – many people fall asleep and wake to find their eyelash extensions complete. Eyelash Extensions Infill treatments take approximately 45mins to 1 hour.
How long will a set of eyelash extensions last?
Lashes have growth cycles at 4-6 weeks, where you can lose about 20% of you natural lashes, but don’t worry baby ones have already grown to replace them, thus why you have probably never noticed. Unfortunately it is hard to determine which lash is ready to fall out naturally so it is unpredictable when applying the synthetic lashes. Each day we can lose 3-5 natural lashes, but often they fall out unnoticed unless they fall into your eye, but when eyelash extensions are applied we are more aware of when they shed as the extensions are longer, darker and thicker. If you sleep on your stomach with your face squashed into the pillow or you favour sleeping on one side you may notice the lashes may not last as well as the other side. We recommend to book a refill for 2-3 weeks to keep the full maintained look. Watch out for your lash cycle as right after is the perfect time for a refill!!
Can I apply eye makeup and mascara to eyelash extensions?
Yes, normal use of eye makeup is fine, however you should not find it necessary to use mascara on a daily basis, if you would like to use mascara at any time it is essential you only use a water-based mascara (not water-proof or oil-based) – regular use of mascara may shorten the lifespan of your lash extensions. Care must also be taken when removing makeup not to use any products that are contain oil or glycols – these all weaken the adhesive bond and cause eyelash extensions to fall off prematurely.
Can I swim, shower exercise or visit a spa while wearing eyelash extensions?
Absolutely – following the initial two day period. Our adhesives are strong and waterproof and will withstand normal wear and tear, providing the proper after-care instructions are followed lash extensions will not stop you from your life style activities. As in the after-care instructions, special care in the first 48 hours is very important to maximise the strength of the adhesive bond as it does need to completely cure before these activities.
How do I prepare for my eyelash extensions treatment?
Precious lash application time can easily be used up by the need to clean eyes in preparation for your treatment – to avoid this please come to your appointment with clean, makeup free eyes. Be prepared to relax for 1-2 hours during this time you will have your eyes closed. Some clients like to listen to their ipods/mps players.
How do I choose the look I want?
Lash holic eyelash extensions are available in a huge range of lengths, thicknesses, curls, colours and can be applied and suit you match what you are after. This is done in the consult.Or if you have a picture please bring it along
I have very sensitive eyes, can I wear eyelash extensions?
Absoulutyly, lash holic Lashes is a high quality product line and has adhesives suitable for even sensitive eyes. Although uncommon, allergic reactions are possible—please call your lash artist if you have any concerns.
Can I have eyelash extensions if I don’t have many eyelashes?
Eyelash Extensions can only be applied to natural eyelashes. If you have experienced eyelash loss for any reason, you must wait until your eyelashes have re-grown before having Eyelash Extensions applied. Lash Artist will be able to explain this more fully in a consultation. An excellent option for encourage the growth and healthy condition of your natural eyelashes is our Lash & Brow Conditioner which works by stimulating the hair follicle and results in longer, thicker, healthier lashes – all the more lashes to extend!.
Eyelash extensions should not, and in many cases cannot, be applied to clients who have alopecia, are undergoing chemotherapy, or those who suffer from Trichotillomania, unless the individual has received effective treatment and normal lash growth has resumed.you may need a medical certificate if want application.
How do I remove eyelash extensions?
If for any reason you wish to have your eyelash extensions removed, please do not attempt to pull them off yourself—this can damage your natural lashes. Professional removal is quick and inexpensive and protects your natural lashes.
Does it hurt?
- Not at all. We do require you to purchase a numbing cream/gel from the chemist and bring this to your appointment. We recommend either Embla or Numbit, these will ensure maximum comfort during your appointment. In fact, most clients fall asleep during their appointments.
How long can I expect the treatment to take?
We block out 2.5 hours for the appointment. Depending on your skin and pigment penetration your treatment could take the full length of the allocated appointment time or less.
Why do people get cosmetic tattoo?
There are a number of reasons to get cosmetic brow tattooing. The more prominent is to correct and perfect the eyebrows. If you are looking for water proof, smudge proof brows or want to create a flawless look with your brows that doesn't require regular colouring; cosmetic brows are right for you.
Cosmetic brows are perfect if you are looking for full, even brows or have allergies to cosmetic brow products, or struggle to apply brow products and need something more permanent.
Also, if your brows are:
How long can I expect the results to last?
While we use the highest quality pigments and techniques designed to ensure longevity of the results there are factors that can impact the results.
Everyone has different skin types. The length of the results will vary based on your skin type, lifestyle factors, tattoo style selected, daily skin care, overall health and any medication.
Excess exposure to sun or salt water can decrease the longevity of the pigment. Furthermore, retinols, BHA and AHAs or acids can cause a faster skin turn over which will cause the pigment to fade faster. Studies have also shown that iron deficiency can play a role in whether cosmetic tattoo lasts on the skin.
Will I need a touch up?
To ensure you maintain the best results for your treatment we recommend a touch up between 6 week to 12 months after your initial appointment. This appointment will perfect the pigment to ensure the saturation is balanced and the overall look and colour meets your expectations.
After this deepening on the brow, your brows can last between 1-5 years, depending on the client's skin and other factors that impact the longevity of the brows. From experience, I have found that most peoples brows last approximately 2 years which is when you will need another refresh.
How long does healing take?
With the technique we use to tattoo brows, very little trauma is caused so you should not expect any scabbing. If you follow your aftercare properly you can expect your brows to take between 7-10 days maximum to heal. Medication and existing skin conditions can impact this healing time. We will discuss this with you at your appointment.
Party Lashes/ Express Lashes
PLEASE NOTE: Party lashes once applied can not be wet
- Why cant I wet my party lashes?
- Party Lashes are a temporary fix. The adhesive used to adhere them lasts only a night or 2, however if you keep them away from water you can get up to 1-2 weeks wear out of them!
- What is the difference between party lashes and Extensions?
- Party Lashes are a small Cluster of approximately 10 lashes Creating a much full voulme look in speedy time.they are applied with a tempory latex glue so not to damage your natural lashes, as they are applied to mulitipl lashes.True Eyelash Extensions- is one single extension applied to one of you natural lashes creating a natural look. lasting 4-6 weeks and you can get them wet after 48 hours!
- What are Party lashes and how are they applied?
- They are a small cluster of approximately 10 synthetic eyelashes. These are applied to the the skin and base of your lashes using a latex eyelash adhesive.
- How are party lashes applied?
- One cluster (approximately 15-20 clusters per eye) is applied to the the skin and base of your lashes using a latex eyelash adhesive
- How long do party lashes last?
- Approximately 1-2weeks if you dont get them wet.
- Do party lashes feel different?
- Yes they do as the application techniques are completely different. Eyelash Extensions are applied to the hair and never touch the skin.Party Lashes are applied to the skin and hair. . having said that they are both lightweight and extremely comfortable.
Eyelash Extensions After care:
How do I care for my eyelash extensions?
Eyelash Extensions are easy to care for, to ensure your lashes last as long as possible please follow the aftercare instructions noted below – your lash artist will have discussed proper after care with you at your lash appointment.
After the initial two day period your eyelash extensions lashes are reasonably low maintenance, needing only the tiniest bit of special attention.
Eyelash Extensions – The First Two Days
At lash holic we promote ‘snap’ curing of lash adhesive with a nebuliser to reduce the possibility of sensitivity reactions occurring. This means you can, and should, wash your their lashes every night, particularly on the night of application. Below you will find a recipe for a Lash Shampoo that is perfect (and inexpensive) for home use.
- Wash lashes and lash line every night with lash shampoo or other foaming cleanser designed for lash extensions – particularly the night of application to rinse away any fumes that may have formed during the curing process, if not rinsed away, these fumes can become trapped among the lashes and could potentially cause irritation for a small number of people.
- Use a hairdryer on cool setting to carefully dry your lashes and comb through gently with a mascara wand.
- For best results avoid spas, tanning and excessive steam for 48 hours – take care when showering, exercising and opening microwaves, ovens etc.
Note: If your lash artist is not curing your lashes we recommend keeping lashes dry for 48 hours. Resume normal care after this time period.
Day to Day Care
It is of the utmost importance that the eye area and lashes are kept clean even if wearing lash extensions, failure to do so can result in irritation and inflammations that can damage your natural lashes. If you experience any irritation please contact your lash artist.
- Clean lashes daily using our recommended Lash wash/ cleanser
- Avoid any OIL based products near lashes as these will weaken the bond of the adhesive.
- Groom lashes every day, especially in the morning; this will help to keep them looking beautiful at all times and helps to keep them nicely separated.
- Treat lashes gently – no rubbing, pulling, picking or tugging.
- Do not use waterproof mascara or perm/tint lash extensions.
- Use l waterproof coating sealant 2-3 times a week to extend the life of lash extensions and help to maintain isolation.
- We recommend the use of our Lash Conditioner to keep natural lashes in top condition.