Lash Extension Aftercare
Please ensure you read through your aftercare advice thoroughly and contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Most of all, enjoy your new lashes!
How do I care for my eyelash extensions?
Eyelash Extensions are easy to care for, to ensure your lashes last as long as possible please follow the aftercare instructions noted below – your lash artist will have discussed proper after care with you at your lash appointment.
After the initial two day period your eyelash extensions lashes are reasonably low maintenance, needing only the tiniest bit of special attention.
Eyelash Extensions – The First Two Days
At lash holic we promote ‘snap’ curing of lash adhesive with a nebuliser to reduce the possibility of sensitivity reactions occurring. This means you can, and should, wash your their lashes every night, particularly on the night of application. Below you will find a recipe for a Lash Shampoo that is perfect (and inexpensive) for home use.
1. Wash lashes and lash line every night with lash shampoo or other foaming cleanser designed for lash extensions – particularly the night of application to rinse away any fumes that may have formed during the curing process, if not rinsed away, these fumes can become trapped among the lashes and could potentially cause irritation for a small number of people.
2. Use a hairdryer on cool setting to carefully dry your lashes and comb through gently with a mascara wand.
3. For best results avoid spas, tanning and excessive steam for 48 hours – take care when showering, exercising and opening microwaves, ovens etc. Note: If your lash artist is not curing your lashes we recommend keeping lashes dry for 48 hours. Resume normal care after this time period.
Day to Day Care
It is of the utmost importance that the eye area and lashes are kept clean even if wearing lash extensions, failure to do so can result in irritation and inflammations that can damage your natural lashes. If you experience any irritation please contact your lash artist.
1. Clean lashes daily using our recommended Lash wash/ cleanser Avoid any OIL based products near lashes as these will weaken the bond of the adhesive.
2. Groom lashes every day, especially in the morning; this will help to keep them looking beautiful at all times and helps to keep them nicely separated.
3. Treat lashes gently – no rubbing, pulling, picking or tugging.
4. Do not use waterproof mascara or perm/tint lash extensions. Use waterproof coating sealant 2-3 times a week to extend the life of lash extensions and help to maintain isolation.
5. We recommend the use of our Lash Conditioner to keep natural lashes in top condition.